When nature doesn't play nice, fight back with the most flexible and complete silnylon tarp set up you can buy! Our Sanctuary SilTarp provides unlimited pitching options, top notch waterproofing, and high quality materials to make it the perfect lightweight shelter.
A Complete Kit
Sure, there are other tarps to choose from, but do they provide everything you need to pitch the perfect shelter right out of the box? No! We include a spacious silicon-nylon tarp, 60 feet (6 x 10 foot sections) of the strongest, lightest reflective Dyneema® guy line you can find, six micro line-lok adjusters, and six aerospace-quality aluminum Y-stakes. That's everything you need to set up dozens of shelter configurations!
We've done our best to make this an outstanding tarp:
- To give you endless options, the flat tarps incorporate 16 perimeter loops and one top center loop. Combine it with our best selling trekking poles to build an A-frame shelter in just minutes. If a hammock is more your style, hang it overhead for complete protection.
- The hex tarps provide 6 perimeter loops and catenary cuts to make it easy to get a taut pitch.
- Finally, our tapered tarp is the ultimate ultralight shelter! Catenary cuts on each side as well as the ridge line make it easy to set up. Pair it with a bivy or ground sheet to save space and weight in your pack.
- To keep you dry, we provide 5,000 mm of hydro-static resistance by combining a durable 30 denier rip-stop nylon, dual silicon/PU coating, and fully taped seams. We didn't name it "Sanctuary" for nothing!
- To save space, the whole kit comes in a nice compact stuff sack and weighs only 14.0 to 27 ounces (depending on size, see specs tab for details).
- Flat Tarp Sizes: 10 feet x 8 feet or 12 feet x 10 feet; both with flat sides
- Attachment Loops on Flat Tarps: 16 on the perimeter (four corners, three additional on each side) and one center top loop
- Weight of 10 x 8 Foot Flat Tarp: tarp only 15.5 oz, whole kit 20.5 oz
- Weight of 12 x 10 Foot Flat Tarp: tarp only 21.0 oz, whole kit 27.0 oz
- Packed Size of 10 x 8 Foot Flat Tarp: 9 x 5 x 4 inches
- Packed Size of 12 x 10 Foot Flat Tarp: 9 x 5 x 5 inches
- Hex Tarp Sizes: 11 feet x 8 feet or 12 feet x 10 feet; both with catenary cuts
- Attachment Loops on Hex Tarps: 6 on the perimeter
- Weight of 11 x 8 Foot Hex Tarp: tarp only 13.0 oz, whole kit 16.5 oz
- Weight of 12 x 10 Foot Hex Tarp: tarp only 16.5 oz, whole kit 20.5 oz
- Packed Size of 11 x 8 Foot Hex Tarp: 9 x 4 x 4 inches
- Packed Size of 12 x 10 Foot Hex Tarp: 9 x 5 x 4 inches
- Tapered Tarp Size: 10 feet x 7 feet tapering down to 5 feet, catenary cuts on all sides including ridgeline
- Attachment Loops on Tapered Tarp: 12 on the perimeter
- Weight of 10 x 7/5 Foot Tapered Tarp: tarp only 10.0 oz, whole kit 14.0 oz
- Packed Size of 10 x 7/5 Foot Tapered Tarp: 8 x 4 x 4 inches
- Fabric: 30 Denier rip-stop nylon with dual silicon/PU coating, double-stitched, factory taped seams
- Hydro-static Resistance: 5,000 mm
- Guy Line: 1.5 mm reflective Dyneema®, 6 x 10 foot lines
- Adjusters: micro line-lok, 6 pieces
- Stakes: aluminum alloy Y-stakes, 6 pieces
- Stuff Sacks: three total (one for guy line, one for stakes, one for whole kit)
All of our products come with a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects. If there is a problem with your gear due to manufacturing, we will replace it free of charge, no questions asked. If you have any concerns about your product, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting us for a warranty claim, please include:
- The specific product, including size or length
- Your original order number
- Your current shipping address
We pride ourselves on our courteous and responsive customer service. We'll do our best to make sure all of our customers are happy with their purchase.
I found the tarp very good all round lightweight easy to set up and good for space. I camped for 4 nights and it rained heavily for 3 nights and I was bone dry throughout. Overall very good kit